Forum on how regulatory policy is put into practice in the field, to share best practices, and to communicate information about emerging issues bank supervisors are facing.
Topics addressed in this issue include
- a discussion of how liquidity management and measurement practices based on asset-based funding strategies and measurements have evolved to more complex funding strategies with a greater emphasis on liability sources, off-balance sheet funding, and more robust measurements.
- a review of regulatory guidance on managing commercial real estate concentrations and best practices and examples of methodologies some banks use to control the risks in these transactions.
- the critical role Suspicious Activity Reports (SAR) play in fighting financial crimes and various methods for making the information in SARs more useful and effective for both law enforcement and regulatory agencies.
- how FDIC examiners review and analyze HMDA loan data and suggestions to examiners and bankers for making the analysis process more effective.
- how banks have responded to increasing risks in the internet banking environment.
- a report on how community banks in the FDIC’s Dallas Region are using leveraging strategies to enhance earnings and growth, as well as the risks and risk management practices needed to control risk associated with leverage transactions.
(For Office Use Only: 115 per box)
Please complete the form below: