Note: Your child must be added to your account prior to registering him/her for a program. To add a child to your account, log in (or create an account if you have not already done so) and click on 'View or Change My Family Members Information' in the 'My Account' section. For more registration information, please call 636-733-2164.
Welcome to Summer TutorConnection, a Rockwood program that helps connect certified Rockwood teachers and professionals with parents who are looking for private, fee-based tutoring lessons for their children. The focus is to improve students' knowledge and skill-based performance of the district's curricular concepts.
Here's how the program works:
- Parents can view a list of all tutors available district-wide on this website. Please note: Per Board Policy 4845, teachers are not allowed to accept payment for tutoring their own students in subject areas in which they are assigning the student a grade. However, the Superintendent/designee is authorized to waive this requirement when a student requests private instruction and it has been determined that the student's teacher is the only qualified tutor available.
- Once you have selected a tutor, you can purchase your selected amount of tutoring minutes. If you do not see a tutor available other than the teacher assigning your child a grade, please contact the Community Education office at 636-733-2170. We will work with you to try to identify a tutor for your desired location/subject area.
- Upon receipt of your order, the Community Education department will contact the tutor and provide them with your order information.
- The tutor will contact you directly and you will work together to set the final tutoring times most convenient for your schedules.
- You will be notified through email by the Community Education department as you near the end of time purchased. At that time, you will have the option to purchase additional tutoring minutes if desired.
All tutoring minutes purchased online will be for one-on-one tutoring. The fee for one-on-one tutoring is $49.50 per hour, with a two hour minimum purchase ($99 for 120 minutes). Once purchased, tutoring time can be used in any combination of 15 minute increments (i.e. 30, 45, 60, etc.)
Small group tutoring options (maximum 3:1 ratio) may also be available at a reduced fee; however registration for small group tutoring is only available through the Community Education enrichment office. The tutor profile will indicate whether your selected tutor is available for small group tutoring.
For more information about the TutorConnection program, contact the Community Education enrichment office at 636-733-2169 or 636-733-2170.
To purchase a one-on-one tutoring experience, please begin by selecting a subject area below.